Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MEENA SELVAM <me...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/21 07:09:59 UTC

[users@httpd] browser behaviour - not clear

I have a situation, where request to any uri is
redirected to a fixed ip. the redirection is done at
dns level. the browser gets back the redirected uri /
ip as part of the dns response (custom dns server is
designed to do this.  If this is the case, the browser
will send a http-request to the new fixed ip
47.80.18.95.(in my case) a yaws webserver is running
in this host and listening to http requests. So the
index page is displayed in the browser correctly. But
the address field is still the old, say www.msn.com

So when is there a possibility that a http request
(which is just after a dns manipulation) is serviced
correctly to the extent, the proper page is displayed,
but with a flaw namely the address field remains to be
the old one before the dns lookup?

could this be a browser issue or web server issue?