Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 17:30:30 UTC

Struts 2.0 question tags, config

Hello,

I have downloaded and trying to learn the 2.0 framework. First off, I
am trying to figure out how the struts.xml gets configured, I do not
see this in the web.xml anymore. Also,  I am having trouble finding
documenttion on the struts-tags that are now avaiable. Are these just
the WebWork tags, or they repackaged for struts 2.0.

Thanks,

eg: I cannot find what the s:head with attribute of theme does.
<head>
    <title>Showcase</title>
    <s:head theme="simple"/>
</head>

RE: Struts 2.0 question tags, config

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.
Hi again,

I upload the struts application and it deploy ok, i get in
http://www.catalogodepropiedades.com/Struts1Blank/
and it display this message. I think it works ok. What is your opinion ??

The same way i do with the struts 2 blank war but it doesnt work

Welcome!
To get started on your own application, copy the struts-blank.war to a new
WAR file using the name for your application. Place it in your container's
"webapp" folder (or equivalent), and let your container auto-deploy the
application. Edit the skeleton configuration files as needed, restart your
container, and you are on your way! (You can find the
MessageResources.properties file with this message in the /WEB-INF/src
folder.)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Yes, it's in the Examples distribution.

* http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts135

On 10/17/06, Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy> wrote:
> Ok ted i will try to deploy an struts 1 application.
> A question. is there a blank struts 1 application to test, like struts 2.
>
> Juan

HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/

RE: Struts 2.0 question tags, config

Posted by Juan Espinosa <pc...@adinet.com.uy>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

De: Don Brown [mailto:donald.brown@gmail.com] Enviado el: Martes, 17 de
Octubre de 2006 12:54 p.m.
Para: Struts Users Mailing List

Interesting...how do you want Struts to read your configuration files then?
Struts currently automatically looks for and loads struts-default.xml,
struts-plugin.xml, and struts.xml files in the classloader.  You can
customize that by changing the '"struts.configuration.files' property in
struts.properties to a different comma-delimited list of file names.

Still, I'm not sure how you would want to solve this problem.  Are only some
struts.xml files unable to be loaded, in which case, you'd want Struts to
swallow access errors on startup?

Don

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.