Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Clifton Craig <cc...@gbg.com> on 2006/05/16 21:51:49 UTC

Running a simple Java project, Maven2

Hello all!

I'm having trouble running a simmple (well moderately simple) project. It
consists of two Groovy defined classes so far and Groovy source loading seems
to not work for some reason. So instead I tried compiling using the Antrun
plugin in Maven. All is well but now I wish to run my code (it's a simple
GUI) to see what it looks like and now I have problems. I can create a jar
using the jar plugin from the command line, "mvn jar:jar" but that doesnot
run through all of the lifecycle phases and only picks up resources. I can
create a jar using "mvn install" and that works ok but I can't seem to define
a Main-Class attribute in my manifest. I've included my custom manifest
definition (MANIFEST.MF) under src/main/resources/META-INF but that doesn't
get included in the jar for some reason. Maven preferrs to generate one for
me no matter what I do. I'm not understanding how to easily get what would be
a straight foward JAva project to execute from the command line using Maven.
In Maven 1 I'm thinking this would be as simple as running "maven jar run"
but I'm not sure how to do the same here. Is there a way I can define the
main class in my pom or in the plugin settings that I'm not aware of? please
advise. Thanx in advance!

Re: Running a simple Java project, Maven2

Posted by Clifton Craig <cc...@icsaward.com>.
Hi Markus,

Thanx. That worked out just fine. Only problem was with the assembly plugin
since I couldn't download due to the codehaus outage I wasn't able to use it.
Thanx all the same.

Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
Intelligent Computer Systems -  A Division of GBG
ccc@icsaward.com
ccraig@gbg.com

Posted by Markus Reinhardt <mr...@hygiene.uni-wuerzburg.de>.
Hi Clifton,

Am Dienstag, den 16.05.2006, 15:51 -0400 schrieb Clifton Craig:

> Is there a way I can define the
> main class in my pom or in the plugin settings that I'm not aware of? please
> advise.

there is. Just add

<build>
    <plugins>