Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/04 16:17:36 UTC

NetBeans IRC channel on freenode

The NetBeans IRC channel over on freenode has been getting relentlessly
spammed for days. Is anybody watching over that channel?

I'd be willing to take it over; I'm a long-time IRC user and have run my
own channel for a couple of years now (about 50 users).

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: NetBeans IRC channel on freenode

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
I’m an admin of it. I can certainly make you one. Just email me directly with the correct IRC username. Either way, note this is not a trivial issue to solve. Whoever is doing it is using a TOR or something, and their IPs are changing as well was their user names. See https://freenode.net/news/spambot-attack <https://freenode.net/news/spambot-attack> Hopefully the jerk will be stopped, and is affecting multiple IRC channels.

Thanks,

Wade