Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> on 2008/08/27 11:59:38 UTC

[ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.5 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Javadoc
Plugin, version 2.5

The Maven Javadoc Plugin is a plugin that uses the javadoc tool for
generating javadocs for the specified project.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
 <version>2.5</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Javadoc Plugin - Version 2.5

** Bug
    * [MJAVADOC-138] - javadoc:test-javadoc failed if target/classes
not already created
    * [MJAVADOC-144] - Cannot generate Javadoc on Mac OS X if path
contains space characters
    * [MJAVADOC-162] - javadocExecutable unusable
    * [MJAVADOC-168] - Regression: 2.4-SNAPSHOT does not generate docs
for generates sources if run outside a build
    * [MJAVADOC-178] - Transitive Dependencies to Taglet Artifacts are
not resolved nor added to the classpath
    * [MJAVADOC-180] - aggregation doesn't work for test-javadoc goal
    * [MJAVADOC-183] - Aggregate javadoc does not process the
src/main/javadoc directories
    * [MJAVADOC-187] - Javadoc jar manifest should contain
Specification and Implementation details
    * [MJAVADOC-188] - -top command line argument is passed even when
java version is <1.6, generating a warning
    * [MJAVADOC-190] - Javadoc tool -excludedocfilessubdir has no effect
    * [MJAVADOC-194] - javadoc 2.4 does not [build-helper:add-source
{execution: add-source}] when aggregating a javadoc for a project
    * [MJAVADOC-198] - AbstractJavadocMojo#getClasspath(..) should use
subProject's managedVersionMap
    * [MJAVADOC-201] - Links parameter should handle relative links
    * [MJAVADOC-210] - Unit tests fail on OS X
    * [MJAVADOC-212] -
AggregatorJavadocReport/AggregatorTestJavadocReport are used by
default in aggregator and no reports are generated

** Improvement
    * [MJAVADOC-78] - Add a flag to provide standard doclet parameters
to custom ones too
    * [MJAVADOC-182] - use ${project.build.sourceEncoding} as default
value for "encoding" parameter
    * [MJAVADOC-189] - Allow skipping of javadoc generation
    * [MJAVADOC-192] - Bump to a new release of Doxia
    * [MJAVADOC-193] - Bump plexus-utils to 1.5.1
    * [MJAVADOC-196] - Create AggregatorJavadocMojo similar to
AggregatorSourceJarMojo
    * [MJAVADOC-197] - Provide flag to ignore errors
    * [MJAVADOC-202] - Links ../apidocs from javadoc:javadoc to
javadoc:test-javadoc
    * [MJAVADOC-203] - Test report should have its own config

** New Feature
    * [MJAVADOC-191] - Add a new Mojo for test-jar
    * [MJAVADOC-204] - Have a way to auto detect tagletClass from a
given tagletArtifact
    * [MJAVADOC-206] - use ${project.reporting.outputEncoding} as
default value for "docencoding" and "charset" parameter and default to
UTF-8
    * [MJAVADOC-208] - Added bootclasspath javadoc option
    * [MJAVADOC-209] - Exclude debug files for javadoc:jar goal

** Task
    * [MJAVADOC-199] - Upgrade to plexus-utils:1.5.5

** Wish
    * [MJAVADOC-126] - Add the ability to load the stylesheet from a
jar (resource)
    * [MJAVADOC-185] - Revert MJAVADOC-165 and default to platform encoding

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Javadoc Plugin 2.5 Released

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

Verify that you defined the correct javadoc plugin version in your poms.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/plugin-info.html

You could also run
mvn help:effective-pom

HTH