Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christina <le...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/09 23:57:18 UTC

show variable widgets according to user's selection

This problem has perplexed me for a week!
I have to create a page, which basicly shows variable number of variable kinds of widgets according to user's selection from a multifield.
for example, user may selection a "booleanfield"+"field"+"repeater", or user may select "field"+"aggregatedfield"
I think this should be done in the form's template, because we never know what is user's combination of selections, right?
But it tuns out that I totally have no idea how to do it in template.
Would anybody give me some idea?
Thanks a lot!

Re: show variable widgets according to user's selection

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
If I understand it correctly you need some of those "dynamic form
widgets" named struct, class, new and union. There is a formmodel gui
sample in the Cocoon samples.

If your form itself is static, and you only need to switch off/on the
displaying of some widgets you might not need this and end with using
JXTemplateGenerator, which allows basic display logic.

Joerg