Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Heejong Lee <he...@google.com> on 2021/06/03 08:55:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.30.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.30.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
DBC03F1CCF4240FBD0F256F054550BE0F4C0A24D [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.30.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], publishing the API
reference manual [7], and the blog post [8].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.6.3 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_292.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.30.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].
* Python artifacts are published to pypi as a pre-release version [11].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Heejong

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12349978
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.30.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1174/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.30.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/613
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=109662250
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image
[11] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.30.0rc1/

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.30.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Andrew Pilloud <ap...@google.com>.
For the website I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-12507
For the jars I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-12508

Andrew

Posted by Heejong Lee <he...@google.com>.
I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this release.

There are 5 approving votes:

Binding:
* Chamikara Jayalath
* Ahmet Altay
* Robert Bradshaw
* Kenneth Knowles

Non-binding:
* Tomo Suzuki

There are no disapproving votes. I will finalize the release.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Heejong Lee <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Heejong Lee <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified the signatures are all good and the source tarball matches github.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 3:38 PM Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:

> +1 (binding) - I ran python quickstart examples on the direct runner.
>
> Thank you for preparing the RC!
>
> Ahmet
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Tested some Java quickstart validations and multi-language pipelines.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cham
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 2:03 PM Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> Thank you for the preparation. With the GCP dependencies of my interest, the GitHub checks worked.

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Tomo

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.30.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tomo Suzuki <su...@google.com>.