Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1997/05/01 03:46:22 UTC

Re: PR#502: timeout problems

>Looks like something wrong in Roy's latest round of timeout changes.  If I
>get a chance I'll go through them line by line looking for irix specific
>problems.  Ugh.

I looked and couldn't find anything wrong during the period in which
the scoreboard would show SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE.  Is it possible that
the server is blocking on the sync_scoreboard_image, or just failing
to update the scoreboard when it is actually in WRITE status?
I notice that there is no sync_scoreboard_image() after the first
update_child_status in the read_request loop of http_main.c, but that
should not effect shared-memory, right?

....Roy

Re: PR#502: timeout problems

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
update_child_status itself writes the new child status to disk (and does a
sync_scoreboard_image), so there shouldn't be a need to
sync_scoreboard_image.  In any event it shouldn't affect shared-memory at
all...

Dean