Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Tim J Mitchell <ti...@uk.ibm.com> on 2010/02/03 17:21:01 UTC

Registering JMX Mbeans in an external MBean Server

Hi,

My name is Tim Mitchell and I work for IBM using Apache Aries. I'm
currently looking at using the OSGi JMX MBeans and need a method of
accessing the MBeans and registering them in an external MBean server.
I am raising a JIRA and supplying a patch for a factory class to allow
this. I'd be interested to hear peoples opinion on this suggestion.

Thanks

Tim Mitchell
Software Engineer
Websphere  Enterprise Foundation Technologies
MP211
IBM UK Labs, Hursley
tel. no: +44 (0)1962 818879
internal tel. no: 248879
email:  tim_mitchell@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: Registering JMX Mbeans in an external MBean Server

Posted by Tim J Mitchell <ti...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Jarek,

Thanks for the response. We're unable to register the external MBeanServer
instance as a service for a number of reasons. Because of this we have to
do it the other way round and register the MBeans against the MBean
Server.

Thanks

Tim Mitchell
Software Engineer
Websphere  Enterprise Foundation Technologies
MP211
IBM UK Labs, Hursley
tel. no: +44 (0)1962 818879
internal tel. no: 248879
email:  tim_mitchell@uk.ibm.com

From:
Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>
To:
aries-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
03/02/2010 16:40
Re: Registering JMX Mbeans in an external MBean Server

Tim,

Just publish the MBeanServer instance into service registry and the
mbeans will automatically register themselves with the given
MBeanServer. See org.apache.aries.jmx.MBeanServiceTracker.

Jarek

Posted by Tim J Mitchell <ti...@uk.ibm.com>.
BTW the Jira is Aries-141.

Thanks