Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Frédéric <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/19 12:51:09 UTC

Google summer of code & mahout-machine-learning

Hello,

I am a french student, currently studying distributed systems in Finland.
I'm also a Lucene user and I find the subject about the Map/Reduce
enabled machine learning algorithm pretty interesting.

To be honest I don't know all the algorithms listed in the paper, but
I've ever implemented genetic algorithms and artificial neural
networks for both my academic and personal projects.
I have a good knowledge of Java and I have ever done a successful
Google summer of code last year.

Unfortunately, I have some exams to take this week and I'm sorry for
not having enough time to give you more details. But I will give you
more informations about my ideas and my skills related to this project
as soon as possible.

Cheers

Frédéric Rechtenstein

Re: Google summer of code & mahout-machine-learning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Frédéric wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a french student, currently studying distributed systems in Finland.

Sounds interesting. What are you working on?

> To be honest I don't know all the algorithms listed in the paper.

I think it is sufficient to either know at least one of them enough to work on
a scalable, at best parallel version of it. Another option that I consider
interesting is to look for some real world problem one would like to solve
with machine learning and to work on the solution.

> Unfortunately, I have some exams to take this week and I'm sorry for
> not having enough time to give you more details. But I will give you
> more informations about my ideas and my skills related to this project
> as soon as possible.

Looking forward to reading more about your ideas.

Isabel

--
The two things that can get you into trouble quicker than anything else are
fast women and slow horses.
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>