Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Simon REZE <sr...@progi-ouest.fr> on 2003/04/30 11:19:46 UTC

default.psml for a Role and portlet config

Hello,

Here is my problem :
I defined a role named 'test'.
I want to propose a set of portlets to users who have this role.
In this set of portlets are portlet who have to be configured. By example a
webmail portlet for which the user have to precise a username and a
password.
I've defined a default.psml file with my set of portlets and put this file
under /psml/role/test/html. So when a user log in, he can see this set of
portlets. But if he configures his webmail portlet, this configuration will
be used for every other users under this role.
So I try to copy the default psml file under the user directory. But the
problem is the same.
It seems that a portlet is defined by id in psml files. So for every user
this id's are the same and therefore the config are also the same (is it
true?).
So my question is :
how can I do a copy of a default psml file for my users with new id's for
every portlet, so that everyone can configure his own portlet?

Thanks fo your help.

Simon.

 P.S: another little question. Is there an easy way to get a list of the
 users who are 'online' in jetspeed?

Re: default.psml for a Role and portlet config

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 02:19  AM, Simon REZE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is my problem :
> I defined a role named 'test'.
> I want to propose a set of portlets to users who have this role.
> In this set of portlets are portlet who have to be configured. By
> example a
> webmail portlet for which the user have to precise a username and a
> password.
> I've defined a default.psml file with my set of portlets and put this
> file
> under /psml/role/test/html. So when a user log in, he can see this set
> of
> portlets. But if he configures his webmail portlet, this configuration
> will
> be used for every other users under this role.
> So I try to copy the default psml file under the user directory. But
> the
> problem is the same.
> It seems that a portlet is defined by id in psml files. So for every
> user
> this id's are the same and therefore the config are also the same (is
> it
> true?).
> So my question is :
> how can I do a copy of a default psml file for my users with new id's
> for
> every portlet, so that everyone can configure his own portlet?

If I understand correctly, you have written a webmail portlet, and you
want each user to have their own settings for the webmail portlet.
If so, don't put the portlet in a role-psml, put it in the user's own
psml.
This can be accomplished with the Role Merge feature in the
JetspeedResources.properties file:

services.Profiler.rolemerge=true

> Thanks fo your help.
>
> Simon.
>
>  P.S: another little question. Is there an easy way to get a list of
> the
>  users who are 'online' in jetspeed?

follow these threads

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=jetspeed-