Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Sergey Zakusov <sz...@emdev.ru> on 2008/05/19 17:25:32 UTC

Trouble with CvsJavaScmProvider's list command

Hello,

I've found that AbstractCvsListCommand.executeListCommand uses RLS command
to execute a list command (see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/scm/trunk/maven-scm-providers/maven-scm-providers-cvs/maven-scm-provider-cvs-commons/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/scm/provider/cvslib/command/list/AbstractCvsListCommand.java?view=markup
),
but CvsJavaScmProvider (maven-scm-provider-cvsjava) uses netbeans cvsclient
which does not support RLS command
(see
http://hg.netbeans.org/main/file/8a8cbbb3d315/lib.cvsclient/src/org/netbeans/lib/cvsclient/commandLine/CommandFactory.java
).

As result I have the error:
Executing: cvs -z3 -f -d :pserver:cvs@pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot -n -q rls
-d
Working directory: C:\temp
[ERROR] Illegal argument: Unknown command: 'rls'

Can anybody tell me how did it work before?

--
Best regards,
Sergey Zakusov

Phone: +7 (812) 498-72-21
Mobile: +7 (921) 301-77-13

Re: Trouble with CvsJavaScmProvider's list command

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Before to use by default the netbeans cvs client, it used the native cvs
client.

If you want to use the native cvs client, you need the following system
property:

-Dmaven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation=cvs_native

Emmanuel