Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/30 22:48:19 UTC

Cannot retry request with a non-repeatable request entity.

Please help me get over this obstacle:

Stack trace and (ColdFusion) snippet: https://gist.github.com/jamiejackson

(This is an attempt to get Solrj to perform a deleteByQuery
with ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer using basic authentication. I am a noob
with the entire Solrj and HTTPClient stack. )

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Cannot retry request with a non-repeatable request entity.

Posted by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Corrected Gist paste:
https://gist.github.com/jamiejackson/cafafb17637a3aa0399c

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 16:48 -0400, Jamie Jackson wrote:
> Please help me get over this obstacle:
>
> Stack trace and (ColdFusion) snippet: https://gist.github.com/jamiejackson
>
> (This is an attempt to get Solrj to perform a deleteByQuery
> with ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer using basic authentication. I am a noob
> with the entire Solrj and HTTPClient stack. )
>
> Please let me know if you need more info.
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie

Jamie
This question should have probably been addressed to Solrj community.
>From the HC standpoint you have three options
(1) make request entity repeatable
(2) force authentication by doing a GET prior to doing PUT or POST
(3) use 'expect-continue' handshake on the client side if the handshake
is supported by the server side.

Oleg