Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by "David.Serafini" <Da...@target.com> on 2017/04/03 18:16:13 UTC

specifying port explicitly

On the wiki in :

https://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/configuration/resources.html

It says:

    If the component were configured to request an explicit port for its REST endpoint

How do you do this?  The docs and examples show various variables related to port number.  Which one(s) must I set explicitly?

Also, does Slider check that the port is not in use on the compute node before launching the app?

thanks,
-david

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: specifying port explicitly

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
If you have a fixed port say 12345 then hard-code it to 12345 instead of 0
or ALLOCATED_PORT. If you want a random port but within a range then
additionally set the config property site.global.slider.allowed.ports in
the global section of app config, as stated here -

https://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/configuration/core.html#key-applic
ation-configuration-items

-Gour

Posted by "David.Serafini" <Da...@target.com>.