Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/10/19 07:03:05 UTC

[Velocity Wiki] Update of "BoardReport-May2009" by WillGlassHusain

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The "BoardReport-May2009" page has been changed by WillGlassHusain.
The comment on this change is: never put May 2009 board report on wiki.
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/BoardReport-May2009

New page:
The Apache Velocity project continues it's slow but steady development effort in what was a fairly typical quarter for this mature project.

== Community ==
 * We continue to have a small core of active committers and several frequent contributors
 * User list traffic remains steady with 1-2 messages per day, all answered quickly.

== Velocity Engine ==
 * In March 2009 we released Apache Velocity 1.6.2, a bug fix release addressing several regression issues with Velocity 1.6.
 * A new svn trunk for version 2.0 has been opened up.  While full scope is yet to be determined, the initial intent is to offer incremental improvements without the ball-and-chain of perfect backwards compatibility

== Velocity Tools ==
 * The Velocity Tools sub-project is in the midst of a vote for a 2.0-beta4 release.   We anticipate a full 2.0 release in the coming quarter.

The Velocity project currently has no board-level issues at this time.