Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com> on 2004/04/14 20:29:33 UTC

velocity-tools : DTD out of date?

>From the javadocs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/too
ls/view/XMLToolboxManager.html

I get:

The DTD for toolbox schema is:
  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!ELEMENT toolbox (tool*,data*)>
  <!ELEMENT tool    (key,class,#PCDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT data    (key,value)>
      <!ATTLIST data type (string|number|boolean) "string">
  <!ELEMENT key     (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT class   (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT value   (#CDATA)>

I get the same thing for the javadocs that come with 1.1-rc1.

where is <scope>session</scope> element?

where is <create-session>false</create-session> ?

Actually, I know where <scope> should be, but where is <create-session>
?

mike curwen
intermediate programmer
globally boundless

204 885-7733  ext 229
www.globallyboundless.com

Re: velocity-tools : DTD out of date?

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Mike Curwen said:
> From the javadocs:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/javadoc/org/apache/velocity/too
> ls/view/XMLToolboxManager.html
>
> I get:
>
> The DTD for toolbox schema is:
>   <?xml version="1.0"?>
>   <!ELEMENT toolbox (tool*,data*)>
>   <!ELEMENT tool    (key,class,#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT data    (key,value)>
>       <!ATTLIST data type (string|number|boolean) "string">
>   <!ELEMENT key     (#CDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT class   (#CDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT value   (#CDATA)>
>
> I get the same thing for the javadocs that come with 1.1-rc1.

this is still the right DTD for XMLToolboxManager.

> where is <scope>session</scope> element?

technically, i guess it would be in that #PCDATA for the tool element,
although XMLToolboxManager wouldn't know what to do with it.

> where is <create-session>false</create-session> ?

not there.

> Actually, I know where <scope> should be, but where is <create-session>
> ?

these should both be defined in a separate (but currently non-existent) DTD
for the ServletToolboxManager which would currently be something like:

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <!ELEMENT toolbox (create-session,xhtml,tool*,data*)>
  <!ELEMENT create-session (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT xhtml (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT tool    (key,scope,class)>
  <!ELEMENT data    (key,value)>
      <!ATTLIST data type (string|number|boolean) "string">
  <!ELEMENT key     (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT scope  (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT class   (#CDATA)>
  <!ELEMENT value   (#CDATA)>

i suppose i could slip this DTD into the ServletToolboxManager docs somewhere.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com