Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lior Schachter <li...@infolinks.com> on 2011/03/17 17:38:01 UTC

jobtracker heap

Hi,
I'm trying to increase the job-tracker heap by adding Xmx definition to
hadoop-env.sh (adding it to HADOOP_TASKTRACKER_OPTS).
I keep getting this error while starting hadoop:
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx=2048m

Any idea what am I doing wrong ?

Re: jobtracker heap

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Nope, AFAIK 0.20.x does not have properties that can apply JVM options
separately to map and reduce tasks. "mapred.child.java.opts", which
applies to both, is the only go [mapred-site.xml with a final, or set
it specifically in jobs].

--
Harsh J
http://harshj.com