Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Craig Noah <Cr...@sterling.com> on 2000/05/10 19:55:52 UTC

Compiler problems

I am working on a project to incorporate XML into an existing piece of
software.  The current software is built with gcc 2.7.2.3 on Solaris
2.6.  I have built the Xerces library with gcc 2.95.2 on Solaris 26 (a
different machine) and moved the .so file and the relevant .h files to
the machine with gcc 2.7.2.3.  Now, when I try to build a wrapper class
for the existing software and build it with the old version of gcc,
I get the following errors:
         warning: 'class DOM_Entity' has virtual functions but
non-virtual destructor
          aggregate 'class DOMParser myParser' has incomplete type and
cannot be initialized
Does anyone know what it would take to make the Xerces libraries build
with gcc 2.7.2.3?  If not, is there something I can do to make my
situation work?  The final piece of software will be build with the old
compiler (not my decision).

--
Craig Noah                  INTERNET: Craig.Noah@sterling.com
Software Engineer

Computer Associates
1404 Fort Crook Road South     Phone:    (402) 291-8300 x 284
Bellevue,  NE   68005-2969     FAX:      (402) 291-4362