Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 00:05:04 UTC

[VOTE RESULT] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1

The vote has been out for five days and with my +1, the totals are:

+1: 5
-1: 0

So we will proceed with the release of ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1!  Now it's time to
finally get OpenWire into this thing! :)

Regards,
Nate

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I've created the following infra issue:

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Hiram,

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 2/8/07, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I've got a basic idea of what needs to be done.  This seems to be the
> best page I've found so far:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-guide-bodewig.html.
>
> We're going to need someone with permission to write to
> /www/www.apache.org/dist to create:
>
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq/activemq-cpp
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq/activemq-cpp/source
>
> All of the directories will have to be owned by group activemq and be group
> writable (new group?).

I created issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1153
specifying the above info.

> Once we have those directories available, we can drop our archives in.  This
> directory is automatically mirrored.
>
> Linking to the mirrors from the download page is a little trickier.  There
> appears to be a quick-and-dirty which we might be able to take advantage of
> for a first-pass.  It looks like there's a CGI script that we can use to
> send people to the mirrors.  We would just embed it in our download url,
> like so:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi<our path minus
> http://www.apache.org/dist prefix>
>
> (e.g.) http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/activemq/activemq-cpp/source
>
> If we want to do mirroring the "right" way, there is a bit more to it
> (discussed in the link at the top).

The quick and dirty looks like a good start to me.

Thanks for doing the leg work!

/Hiram

> Nate
>

> On 2/8/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> >
> > Don't know... We are new ground.  I know we should switch over to
> > using the non incubator versions of the m2 repo at:
> > http://people.apache.org/repo/
> >
> > But I also think that there is an official mirroring system for
> > released distributions.  And I'm guessing that's what we should use.
> > I just found http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
> > I'm guessing we should follow that.
> >
> > On 2/7/07, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > ... Also, is a simple cp to that directory the right thing to do?

> > time

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Don't know... We are new ground.  I know we should switch over to
using the non incubator versions of the m2 repo at:
http://people.apache.org/repo/

But I also think that there is an official mirroring system for
released distributions.  And I'm guessing that's what we should use.
I just found http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
I'm guessing we should follow that.

On 2/7/07, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... Also, is a simple cp to that directory the right thing to do?
>
> On 2/7/07, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I was just fishing around on the server under people.apache.org trying to
> > find a good spot to stick the archives for the release.
> >
> > So far, the best place appears to be:
> >
> > repository/org.apache.activemq/zips
> >
> > Is that the right spot?
> >
> > On 2/7/07, Nathan Mittler <nathan.mittler@gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > The vote has been out for five days and with my +1, the totals are:
> > >
> > > +1: 5
> > > -1: 0
> > >
> > > So we will proceed with the release of ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1!  Now it's time
> > > to finally get OpenWire into this thing! :)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Nate

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.