Posted to builds@apache.org by Chris Thistlethwaite <ch...@apache.org> on 2019/07/29 14:21:03 UTC

JDK installations on Jenkins nodes

Greetings!

I'm going to be trimming the available JDK versions on the Jenkins
nodes, both Linux and Windows, to better line up with what Infra is
going to support. The "latest" symlink will stick around and will point
to the latest build of whatever is currently the latest build of JDK.
We're trying to cut down on the amount of different JDK builds of the
same release, for example JDK 1.8_92, 121, 144, 152, when all we really
want is build 152. We will also not be adding any older, unsupported
builds of JDK unless there is a critical security update. So JDK1.7.0_79
will be latest7 for the foreseeable future.

Please review
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/JDK+Installation+Matrix
for the changes, they are highlighted in yellow. Nothing should change
for you if you're using one of the "latest" symlinks, this really only
changes builds targeted at a specific JDK.

Thank you,
Chris T.
#asfinfra

Re: JDK installations on Jenkins nodes

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Testing with stone old JDKs versions is ridiculous. Those tests aren't
just real world ones.

This really, really needs to be fixed...

Michael

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Fwd: JDK installations on Jenkins nodes