Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <xi...@tid.es> on 2013/11/12 10:24:00 UTC

Stack extension and new services

Hello,

My team currently has its own fork of Ambari since we are adding our own services to the HDP stack. I have seen issue AMBARI-2819 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2819) might help my team with this situation, since we might be able to remove our fork and just maintain an extension of the HDP stack.

The part I still don’t understand is if there is a mechanism to provide the corresponding puppet scripts to ambari-agent without having to fork the code, or if AMBARI-2819 does not address this issue. Can someone help clarify this point?

Many thanks!
Ximo

________________________________

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:

Re: Stack extension and new services

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jaoquin,

So AMBARI-2819 was actually one of the sub tasks of the parent JIRA,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2714, which addresses the
actual pluggability concern.

Please take a look at AMBARI-2714, which is currently work in progress and
will enable services to be added to the stack with custom commands and
scripts and ability to utilize all of the Ambari provided features without
having to understand Ambari code.
The target for releasing this is around March / April 2014 time frame.

Best Regards,
Sid

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM, JOAQUIN GUANTER GONZALBEZ <xi...@tid.es>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  My team currently has its own fork of Ambari since we are adding our own
> services to the HDP stack. I have seen issue AMBARI-2819 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2819) might help my team
> with this situation, since we might be able to remove our fork and just
> maintain an extension of the HDP stack.
>
>  The part I still don’t understand is if there is a mechanism to provide
> the corresponding puppet scripts to ambari-agent without having to fork the
> code, or if AMBARI-2819 does not address this issue. Can someone help
> clarify this point?
>
>  Many thanks!
> Ximo

> Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar
> nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace
> situado más abajo.
> This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and
> receive email on the basis of the terms set out at:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE