Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tim Hearn <ti...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/24 20:28:39 UTC

Geospatial search question - document with multiple locations

Hi everyone,

Suppose I have the following fields in my schema:

<field name="latlon" stored="true" indexed="true" type="locationType"
multiValued="true"/>

<fieldType name="locationType" geo="true"
class="solr.SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType"/>

And I index multiple latlon coordinates to a document.

Then I do a geofilt search against my index.  When I do that geofilt
search, will ALL locations associated with that document have to be within
the 'circle' produced by geofilt, or will only ONE?

Example:

doc1: {
latlon:-20,30
latlon:140,-70
}

Will the query fq={!geofilt p=-20.1,30.1 sfield=latlon d=150} match doc1
because the point -20,30 is within the query?  Or will it not because even
though the point -20,30 is within the query, the point 140,-70 is not?

Thanks much!
Tim