Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com> on 2008/03/12 21:58:13 UTC

Beta 2: IVY + Ant = OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Hi,

Here is the next migration issue to Beta 2 that I ran into:

D:\dev\rbuck\sandboxes\head-combo\workspace\build\internal\buildmagic.xm
l:100: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

That line corresponds to the following line in Ant:

    <ivy:settings id="ivy.instance"
file="${ivy.default.conf.dir}/ivysettings.xml" override="true"/>

This is a first for an Ant build for me.

Bob

Re: Beta 2: IVY + Ant = OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
This kind of problem have already been reported a few times.  Usually,
it was because you have a multi-module build in which you redefine
your task multiple time (reloading new jar every time).
If it is your case, you can user the loader attribute when you load
ivy, or you can conditionaly load the class by puting the taskdef into
a target that will be only executed if the jar is not yet loaded.

Gilles

--
Gilles Scokart

RE: Beta 2: IVY + Ant = OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Posted by "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>.
Googled it. These work for me (so far, still running tests...):

set ANT_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=128m  (Windows)
export ANT_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=128m (Unix)

/Bob