Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 00:59:37 UTC

Some DNS stats don't persist through restart.

Now that things have settled down a bit since ATS v5.0 I wanted to bring
this up as I actually use these numbers pretty often to "keep an eye" on
TrafficServer.

I can't speak for all of these, but I've noticed over time when viewing
stats through traffic_top the "DNS lookup" stat will happily persist
through a restart but at the very least "DNS hits" and "DNS Hit" will not.

I'm not really sure what the scoop with "DNS Time" is...for me it's always
0.0.  :(

What can I do to help get this resolved eventually?

Regards,

Adam

Re: Some DNS stats don't persist through restart.

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
I went ahead and created this as Jira TS-3176.  Hopefully someone can take
a look at this...I'll also try to take a peek at the other statistics
produced by TrafficServer and see if there's any others that appear to be
"glaringly" wrong.

--Adam

Posted by Yongming Zhao <mi...@gmail.com>.