Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Dogbert <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 17:24:36 UTC

vnc sound not working

So If I use the sample client and set:
<param name="enable-audio">true</param>

in user-mappings.xml the sound works over the network. However in my own
app if I set:
guacamoleConfig.setParameter("enable-audio","true")

GuacamoleSocket socket = new ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket(new
InetGuacamoleSocket("localhost", 4822), guacamoleConfig)

        // Return a new tunnel which uses the connected socket
        return new SimpleGuacamoleTunnel(socket)
    }
}

I get no sound over the network. Is there something I'm missing here?
Shouldn't both cases work the same?

Thanks,
Tucker

Re: vnc sound not working

Posted by Frode Langelo <fr...@apache.org>.
Hi Tucker,

Are you supplying the supported the audio mime types?

The supported mime types (image/audio/video) should supplied by your client
app after interrogating the web browser, similar to the stock Guacamole
client.

Just to test, you can quickly add an audio mime type by doing:

GuacamoleClientInformation info = new GuacamoleClientInformation();
info.getAudioMimetypes().addAll(Arrays.asList("audio/L16"));
guacamoleConfig.setParameter("enable-audio","true")
GuacamoleSocket socket = new ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket(new
InetGuacamoleSocket("localhost", 4822), guacamoleConfig, info);
Keep in mind that you also want to provide the supported image mime types,
to benefit from WebP image encoding in supported browsers.

Regards,
Frode