Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by alienintheheights <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 19:49:49 UTC

Trying to sort out recompile of JSPs

I have an exploded ear in the ./apps folder. Within are numerous wars, also
exploded. The pre-compiled JSPs reside within each war's WEB-INF/src and
WEB-INF/classes directory, which occurs during the war build step. I want to
be able to edit a JSP within one of the exploded wars without deploy/restart
since the ear itself has ~30 wars, so restarting/rebuild is very time
consuming.

I've set the web.xml within these wars to use development=true for the JSP
servlet. I've set the same in conf/web.xml. I've tried with and without the
tomee.xml autoDeploy="true" on Deployments. Lastly, I tried setting the
system.properties unpack dir to use work.

No luck so far. Any suggestions?

TomEE 7.0.1

Thanks

Re: Trying to sort out recompile of JSPs

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Normally only the web.xml JspServlet parameters are needed. Can you check
in jmx what it is to validate the runtime loaded values?