Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Düvelmeyer <Th...@online.de> on 2006/05/20 00:43:43 UTC

some questions

Hello,

i'm quiet new with maven and have these questions:
In the maven2 book a read: "To set up Jetty, download the Jetty 5.1.10
server bundle from the book's Web site and copy it to the repository
directory". Does anyone have a link for me? I didn't found it yet?

Where i can find the Repository Manager?

How i can put all needed files into the shared repository? Just copy it
from the local repo? Can I bring up a shared repository with a normal
web server (IIS)?

What is the easiest way to make a developer maven installation make
working
with the new shared repo instead of repo1.maven.org? What is to do for
eclipse?

And my last one:
I have a Serena Version Manager as SCM plattform. Can i work with
continuum and version manager? I don't found a plugin ;-(
What I tried is a file as scm connection, but than I only get a
"No file changed" and in the output window "Error:" with no exception

Thanks!
Thorsten

Re: some questions

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Thorsten,

2006/5/20, Thorsten Düvelmeyer <Th...@online.de>:
> Hello,
>
> i'm quiet new with maven and have these questions:
> In the maven2 book a read: "To set up Jetty, download the Jetty 5.1.10
> server bundle from the book's Web site and copy it to the repository
> directory". Does anyone have a link for me? I didn't found it yet?

go to http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/index.html. you should find what
you're looking for.

> Where i can find the Repository Manager?

That one isn't ready yet. Its development seems to be lacking progress...

> How i can put all needed files into the shared repository? Just copy it
> from the local repo? Can I bring up a shared repository with a normal
> web server (IIS)?

What exactly do you mean by "shared" repository? If you're going to
establish a company wide repository, see the description at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html
(chapter "Internal Repositories").

Once set up, you can deploy 3rd-party-files by invoking "mvn
deploy:deploy-file". see description of deploy plugin for further
details on usage.

> What is the easiest way to make a developer maven installation make
> working
> with the new shared repo instead of repo1.maven.org? What is to do for
> eclipse?

have a look at http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html (chapter
"development guides").

> And my last one:
> I have a Serena Version Manager as SCM plattform. Can i work with
> continuum and version manager? I don't found a plugin ;-(
> What I tried is a file as scm connection, but than I only get a
> "No file changed" and in the output window "Error:" with no exception

sorry Thorsten, no clue on that one.

cheers,
Stefan