Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org> on 2021/08/09 08:40:28 UTC

Re: Data Explorer Improvements

Hi,

I really like the API Daniel created.

When implementing the e2e tests with cypress I saw that it is also possible to e2e test REST APIs.
The cool thing about it is, that we can use our typescript classes for the assertions. Some examples are provided in the realworld-app of the cypress team [1].

What do you think? Does it make sense to implement some e2e tests for our REST APIs or should we put the test logic somewhere else?
I could implement a small test for the new API to see how much effort it is to write a test.

Philipp

[1] https://github.com/cypress-io/cypress-realworld-app/tree/develop/cypress/tests/api <https://github.com/cypress-io/cypress-realworld-app/tree/develop/cypress/tests/api>