Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 06:23:18 UTC

Re: ModPerl::Registry under Windows

2009/3/29 Octavian Râşniţă <or...@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if ModPerl::Registry really runs the cgi scripts
> persistently under Windows?

This should work the same under Windows.

> I have loaded a Catalyst application using the standard mod_perl way, (as a
> PerlRequestHandler) and the httpd process was using 130 MB memory.
> Then I have loaded it using ModPerl::PerlRun and ModPerl::Registry and with
> any of them, the httpd process used only 12 MB of memory after loading the
> application in the browser, exactly like when I load Apache without this
> application at all.
>
> Isn't ModPerl::Registry keeping the application persistent, or Catalyst's
> cgi script does something that doesn't allow running it well with
> ModPerl::Registry under Windows?

That seems like an extreme difference. It might be an idea to ask this
on the Catalyst mailing list, as someone there may be more familiar
with running Catalyst and mod_perl. I did notice that
    http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.07/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Apache2/MP20.pm
recommends against running Catalyst applications under
ModPerl::Registry, but no reasons are given.

--
best regards,
Randy