Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Madhu Panitini <Ma...@pass-consulting.com> on 2005/08/08 19:02:12 UTC

search alogorithm in Lucene

Hi all,
I new to the lucene, but I am familiar with the IR. I want build IR
system in Java and I found Lucene, but some questions remained
unanswered for me after searching complete website.

I have couple of questions regarding Lucene,

1. What is the search algorithm(s)[VSM, ..] used or available in the
Lucene?

2. How term weight is calculated in Lucene, how many types of term
weight calculating formulas are implemented and what are they?

Regards
Madhu