Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/23 23:50:03 UTC

How to make full version available in /version endpoint

Hi,

Has anyone brought up the possibility of making the full version
(i.e. 0.28.0-2.0.16.debian81a) show up in the the /version endpoint?

For example, when we are using the mesosphere community package, we
want '0.27.1-2.0.226.debian81'
string show up, but we only get the following right now:

{
  "build_date": "2016-02-23 00:39:17",
  "build_time": 1456187957,
  "build_user": "root",
  "git_sha": "864fe8eabd4a83b78ce9140c501908ee3cb90beb",
  "git_tag": "0.27.1",
  "version": "0.27.1"
}

Is there an environment variable or something which we could tweak at
build/package time to get it? Thanks!

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: How to make full version available in /version endpoint

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.
Correct. That is what I was suggesting you do.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: How to make full version available in /version endpoint

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AC_INIT([mesos], [0.29.0])
>
> and it's possible to patch that line to allow a custom version (read from
> a file or variable using m4_esyscmd_s).

yup!

Re: How to make full version available in /version endpoint

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com>.

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: How to make full version available in /version endpoint

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.