Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk> on 2008/05/05 14:55:43 UTC

Misleading example for in core directives

The description for <IfDefine> in docs/2.2/mod/core.html has the
following text:

    <IfDefine> sections are nest-able, which can be used to implement
    simple multiple-parameter tests. Example:

    |httpd -DReverseProxy ...|
    | |
    | # httpd.conf|
    | <IfDefine ReverseProxy>|
    | LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so|
    | LoadModule proxy_module modules/libproxy.so|
    | </IfDefine>

The text implies that the example demonstrates a simple multi-parameter
test, however it doesn't.

Sorry I haven't got a patch for this but it should be pretty simple to
work one up.

I am in the process of updating the Apache Pocket Reference for Apache
2.2 (pub date is August) and will probably come up with a number of such
nits as I go through all the documentation and source code.

Regards
Andrew

Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House
pauntley-prints.co.uk     Compton Green, Redmarley  Tel: +44 1531 829900
ford-mason.co.uk          Gloucester GL19 3JB       Fax: +44 1531 829901
refcards.com cronolog.org Great Britain          Mobile: +44 7785 258278

Re: Misleading example for in core directives

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On May 5, 2008, at 08:55, Andrew Ford wrote:

> I am in the process of updating the Apache Pocket Reference for
> Apache 2.2 (pub date is August) and will probably come up with a
> number of such nits as I go through all the documentation and source
> code.

Looking forward to it. Good to see your voice on the list again.

--
I have nature and art and poetry,
and if that is not enough, what is enough?

Re: Misleading example for in core directives

Posted by Takashi Sato <ta...@lans-tv.com>.
On Mon, 05 May 2008 13:55:43 +0100
Andrew Ford <A....@ford-mason.co.uk> wrote:

> The description for <IfDefine> in docs/2.2/mod/core.html has the
> following text:
>
>     <IfDefine> sections are nest-able, which can be used to implement
>     simple multiple-parameter tests. Example:
>
>     |httpd -DReverseProxy ...|
>     | |
>     | # httpd.conf|
>     | <IfDefine ReverseProxy>|
>     | LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so|
>     | LoadModule proxy_module modules/libproxy.so|
>     | </IfDefine>

> The text implies that the example demonstrates a simple multi-parameter
> test, however it doesn't.

Fixed in trunk as r658549.
I will backport in several hours or someone will do.
Thanks.