Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2020/08/03 16:14:43 UTC

Re: 4.1.8 on the 20th Anniversary? (was Re: 4.2.0 on the 20th Anniversary?)

Hi Pedro,

Am 20.07.20 um 16:05 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> +1
> Please let me know what I can do (I am asking so this is not against the Apache Way)

What you could do is to follow a complete release process and see where
you can help:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/How+to+Cook+a+Release

cWiki is LDAP enabled so you can log in with your Apache credentials.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

I just installed it on Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit.

Looks good so far!

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Am 18.08.20 um 13:09 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Should we think of doing a 4.1.8 beta?

In what form?

A "normal" build with a "Beta" in --with-build-version. Uploaded to
dist/dev?

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Hi Jim

> On 08/18/2020 12:09 PM Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>

> Should we think of doing a 4.1.8 beta?

Can you please provide some Linux builds (Beta or not) to test the recent improvements?

Unfortunately I can not compile branch 418 under Ubuntu 18.04 x64

Thanks!

Pedro

Re: 4.1.8 on the 20th Anniversary? (was Re: 4.2.0 on the 20th Anniversary?)

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Am 19.08.20 um 13:28 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>> On Aug 18, 2020, at 3:51 PM, Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 18.08.20 um 13:09 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> Should we think of doing a 4.1.8 beta?
>> do you have target group in mind? I mean, one that is really active and would give us feedback?
> Considering that the only recent version is 4.1.7, I would assume that target group.

Given that only 2 persons gave feedback on your 4.1.8 builds we need
every tester we can get.

BTW: I got absolutely no feedback on my Windows builds, which are about
80% of our downloads...

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jim,

Did you try to notarize the version for mac?

Would be great if we could do it with 4.1.8.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Am 06.08.20 um 19:12 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Thanks Jim
>
> Have been using the DEB x64 build under Ubuntu 18.04.4 x64 for real work since lunch time and it is rock solid ;)
> Updated 4.1.7 without any issues.

A list of fixed issues:

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?list_id=245178&query_format=advanced&resolution=FIXED&resolution=FIXED_WITHOUT_CODE&target_milestone=4.1.8

And a comparison of code between 4.1.7/4.1.8:

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/compare/AOO417...AOO418

A lot of minor glitches solved.

This is only a micro release but we have to move forward!

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org>.
Thanks Jim