Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@trilogy.com on 2000/08/01 20:00:14 UTC

Bug in version of Xalan that ships with LotusXSL 1.0.1 -- xsl:namespace-alias does not use result-prefix in output

Since Bugzilla's not up, I can't tell if it's already been recorded or
not...

<xsl:namespace-alias> does not seem to properly alias the namespace.  It
does put give the namespace the correct URI for the xmlns entry in the
<xsl:stylesheet> tag, but it gives it the wrong name.  It does not use the
result-prefix.
if I have :
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <xsl:stylesheet
         version="1.0"
         xmlns:axsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/TransformAlias"

         <xsl:output
          method="xml"
          indent="yes"
         />

         <xsl:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="axsl"
result-prefix="xsl"/>

         <xsl:template match="/">
          <axsl:stylesheet version="1.0">
           <xsl:comment> Hi </xsl:comment>
          </axsl:stylesheet>
         </xsl:template>
        </xsl:stylesheet>

Doing an transform of any XML document, I end up with:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <axsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:axsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
        </axsl:stylesheet>

But acording to the specs, I should end up with:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        </xsl:stylesheet>

Shari Gharavy