Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/05/01 14:26:53 UTC

Re: Can we remove the MinML2.jar file?

David, all,

please see my comments inline:

David E. Jones wrote:

> We have a lot of libraries in OFBiz, and it's a pretty major effort to
> keep them all updated but certainly something we need and want to do.
>
> Sometimes it is hard to test the updated library, and that is the case
> with itext since most of the stuff that uses it is buried in things like
> the CompDoc stuff in the Content Manager and running through a test
> scenario to use itext to combine PDF documents is somewhat involved. In
> these circumstances we can kind of go either way, either:
>
> 1. leave the old version so that it will more likely work the next time
> someone uses it
> 2. update to the latest version so that new things and things in general
> will more likely work, and version dependencies between libraries in
> OFBiz won't as likely become a problem

I've searched for the string "lowagie" (part of the package name for the
classes in the iText jar) and the only classes that are using them are:

org.ofbiz.content.compdoc.CompDocServices
org.ofbiz.content.survey.SurveyServices

They both compile fine with the new upgraded iText jar but I don't know
how to test them.
Could you please give me any pointers?
I'd like to verify if they run properly with the new jar and also try to
remove the MinML2.jar file...

Thanks,

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
By the way I've finally tracked down digging in the commit logs (from
sourceforge!) from where the MinML2.jar file came.
It was in the Datavision distribution.

I'm adding this runtime dependency to the page:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz

and I will upgrade soon iText to the latest version.

Is it ok?

Jacopo

REMOVE ME

Posted by PhantomsHorridC <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
REMOVE ME

---------------------------------

Re: Can we remove the MinML2.jar file?

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yeah, something like that. I noticed you put in the new version of
iText, and that's great. I don't know if the demo.hwm.com server
refreshed this morning before or after that, but if it worked in your
local tests then we should be good.

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David,