Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2015/09/15 23:10:04 UTC

Proton: shutting the passive event loop down gracefully - how?

Hi all,

I am currently trying to integrate proton into an external event loop, and am trying to work out the correct way to shut the event loop down gracefully. In other words, you tell the event loop “time to stop”, and the event loop finishes any upload it might be in the middle of until pn_messenger_stopped() returns true.

Looking at the source for pn_messenger_stop() it seems to do an immediate shutdown of the underlying sockets, or am I reading it wrong?

Regards,
Graham
—