Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/28 21:37:53 UTC

[Axis2] Policy-driven code generation

Hi,

I have seen "policy-driven code generation" as a feature of Axis2, but
I couldn't get it to work properly. Is this feature currently
supported in Axis2 ? If yes, where can I find a sample demonstrating
it?

What I assume it means, is to have a policy (let's say UsernameToken
auth) in my WSDL, and when I run wsdl2java, I would like to have the
rampart module automatically engaged in the generated stubs, and most
of the setups of the module -  auto generated. To sum it up:

1) given a WSDL with policy definitions in it
2) run wsdl2java
3) the tool generates code in the stub that "activates" the policy

Thanks.

Regards,
Angel

Re: [Axis2] Policy-driven code generation

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It seems to be broken in latest codebase which is need to be fixed before
Axis2-1.2 release. Please log a JIRA and I will follow up.

Thanks,
Sanka

On 3/28/07, Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen "policy-driven code generation" as a feature of Axis2, but
> I couldn't get it to work properly. Is this feature currently
> supported in Axis2 ? If yes, where can I find a sample demonstrating
> it?
>
> What I assume it means, is to have a policy (let's say UsernameToken
> auth) in my WSDL, and when I run wsdl2java, I would like to have the
> rampart module automatically engaged in the generated stubs, and most
> of the setups of the module -  auto generated. To sum it up:
>
> 1) given a WSDL with policy definitions in it
> 2) run wsdl2java
> 3) the tool generates code in the stub that "activates" the policy
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Angel

Sanka Samaranayake