Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Daniel Oliveira <da...@google.com> on 2019/05/14 21:19:19 UTC

[VOTE] Remove deprecated Java Reference Runner code from repository.

Hello everyone,

I'm calling for a vote on removing the deprecated Java Reference Runner
code. The PR for the change has already been tested and reviewed:
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/8380

[ ] +1, Approve merging the removal PR in it's current state
[ ] -1, Veto the removal PR (please provide specific comments)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Since this a vote on
code-modification, it is adopted if there are at least 3 PMC affirmative
votes and no vetoes.

For those who would like context on why the Java Reference Runner is being
deprecated, the discussions took place in the following email threads:

   1. (8 Feb. 2019) Thoughts on a reference runner to invest in?
   <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b235f8ee55a737ea399756edd80b1218ed34d3439f7b0ed59bfa8e40@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E>
-
   Decision to deprecate the Java Reference Runner and use the Python
   FnApiRunner for those use cases instead.
   2. (14 Mar. 2019) Python PVR Reference post-commit tests failing
   <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0b68efce9b7f2c5297b32d09e5d903e9b354199fe2ce446fbcd240bc@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E>
   - Removal of Reference Runner Post-Commits from Jenkins, and discussion on
   removal of code.
   3. (25 Apr. 2019) Removing Java Reference Runner code
   <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6a347d072a7f2c7392550f0315545826320c52e51b9a497c51000ef9@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E>
   - Discussion thread before this formal vote.

Re: [VOTE] Remove deprecated Java Reference Runner code from repository.

Posted by Andrew Pilloud <ap...@google.com>.
+1 for deleting code.

*From: *Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>
*Date: *Tue, May 14, 2019 at 2:22 PM