Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/02/09 16:46:34 UTC

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

If anybody more familiar with POMs and/or Ivy files than myself could
check that I'm actually making sense here, that would be great.

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Doing something similar for the compress-antlib tells me that my syntax
> seems to be fine
Good work Stefan.
> and that Ant 1.8.0 is not available from the Maven repo
> (I know that you know).

I am following up with the repository email list.
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.repository/cutoff=5075

Interestingly, each release is an adventure, and I do not remember doing
a release when I did not have to change the release instructions.
> Interestingly mvn only lists 1.7.0 because that's the only version
> offered in
> <http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml>
> even though the poms and jars for 1.7.1 are inside the central repo as
> well.

So this means that 1.7.1 was not uploaded in a 100% official way. I do
not know why.
> Stefan

Regards,

Antoine

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-12, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> The file
>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml
>> still doesn't contain any version ther than 1.7.0.

> Now, this file contains 1.7.0 and 1.8.0

1.7.1 is still missing 8-)

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> The file
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml
> still doesn't contain any version ther than 1.7.0.

Now, this file contains 1.7.0 and 1.8.0

> The latter is a guess since it is not available from the mvn repo either
> - I'll publish the latest release once you've updated the
> ReleaseInstructions so I know how to do it 8-)

I have committed a provisional change of ReleaseInstructions giving an
example. What remains to be done
is to adapt the build file. It should be mostly doable with our army of
macrodef/... but this will be for a bit later
in the day.

Regards,

Antoine

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-12, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2010-02-12, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Stefan, do you have an idea which groupId and artifactId you are going
>> to choose for the compress antlib ?

> org.apache.ant and compress-antlib (that's what the POM says ;-).  We've
> used the same groupId for AntUnit and the .NET Antlib and the
> artifactIds there are ant-antunit and ant-dotnet

> The latter is a guess since it is not available from the mvn repo either

.NET Antlib 1.0 is now available from the Maven repo as well.

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-02-12, Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

>> Doing something similar for the compress-antlib tells me that my syntax
>> seems to be fine and that Ant 1.8.0 is not available from the Maven repo
>> (I know that you know).

> This is fixed now :

The file
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/maven-metadata.xml
still doesn't contain any version ther than 1.7.0.

> Stefan, do you have an idea which groupId and artifactId you are going
> to choose for the compress antlib ?

org.apache.ant and compress-antlib (that's what the POM says ;-).  We've
used the same groupId for AntUnit and the .NET Antlib and the
artifactIds there are ant-antunit and ant-dotnet

The latter is a guess since it is not available from the mvn repo either
- I'll publish the latest release once you've updated the
ReleaseInstructions so I know how to do it 8-)

> Do these go in the build.properties in the root of the antlib ?

There are currently two ways to create the POM during the build process.
The first one creates a default POM without any dependencies and uses
org.apache.ant as groupId and ant-${ant.project.name} as artifactId.
The second approach (taken by the compress Antlib) uses a template that
sees some properties replaced, here you are free to override whatever
you want.

Actually I've just realized AntUnit is using a handrolled POM and
probably should rather use the template-and-copy mechanism.

Stefan

Re: svn commit: r908077 - in /ant/antlibs/compress/trunk: project-template.ivy.xml project-template.pom

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
> Doing something similar for the compress-antlib tells me that my syntax
> seems to be fine and that Ant 1.8.0 is not available from the Maven repo
> (I know that you know).

This is fixed now :

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant/1.8.0/ant-1.8.0.pom
789/?
2202/?
4592/?
8688/?
9094/?
9690/?

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-parent/1.8.0/ant-parent-1.8.0.pom
814/?
2175/?
4312/?

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ant/ant-launcher/1.8.0/ant-launcher-1.8.0.pom
848/?
2383/?

Thanks to Carlos Sanchez.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Stefan,

one check I ran for myself with the POMS of ant was to run

mvn -DskipTests=true install -f src/etc/poms/pom.xml

from the root directory of ant

this has brought a few errors about missing libraries like NetRexx...
However maven tells you gently in its output how you are supposed to
install these missing libraries in your cache or your local repository.
Once you do that, you can build the 18 jars of ant. Something similar
should work for your compress antlib.

Regards,

Antoine