Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/10/03 10:23:21 UTC

[VOTE] 0.20.205.0 Release Candidate 1

Good Morning,
Release candidate 0.20.205.0-rc1 is available at
http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-0.20.205.0-rc1/
A copy of the Release Notes are provided at the top level of that directory.

You are invited to download and evaluate it, then vote on accepting it as a
public release.
Voting will close at 9am GMT on Monday 10 October.

I was not able to successfully stage to the maven repo.  I will continue
trying in a few hours.

This RC isn't perfect, but has passed the vast majority of system tests
applied to date, without any failures currently known to be blockers.  These
are the biggest known issues:

HDFS-2386 - fsck calls lead to handshake_failure and hftp fails throwing the
same exception in the logs  - This bug has only been seen on one cluster and
did not reproduce on 3 others.  It is currently believed to be a
configuration error on a faulty cluster.

MAPREDUCE-3122 - -libjars with streaming does not create symlink in the cwd
of task - This bug was in 204, and no one saw it and posted a jira, so it
does not seem to be a blocker.

There are a few patches which were applied to 0.20.205, which are needed in
trunk but not yet provided.  I am in the process of tracking these down and
contacting the contributors to do likewise in trunk.

Please consider downloading this RC and giving feedback on it.  Thank you
very much.

--Matt
RM for 0.20.205.0