Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Adarsh malu <ad...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/04/17 17:59:25 UTC

Developing Nutch for semantic search

Hello,
     I am running Nutch 0.9 .
     Our aim is to build a semantic search engine (for agriculture) using Nutch.
     However I am unable to proceed from where to start.
    Help me how could I proceed

Adarsh

Re: Developing Nutch for semantic search

Posted by borislav popov <bo...@ontotext.com>.
Hi Adrash,
	we did a search engine for a limited Web space : ~100M pages. Our
background is in semantic search - but first we needed to address all
the general crawl & search issues as in a traditional search engine.
They are in no way less work than introducing some semantics. So - i'd
suggest you start with being able to crawl,  index and search your
content - then go on with extending the functionality.
borislav

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.
Need a bit more details... Besides why don't u take the 1.0 release,
1.1 being not far from release.

--
-MilleBii-