Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu> on 2004/12/09 14:32:24 UTC

LIMO problems

Hi, I'm tying Limo (Index Monitor of Lucene) and I have a problem,
obviously it will be a silly problem but now I don't
have solution.
Someone can tell me how structure it have limo.properties file?
because I have any example thanks.
If you know another web-aplication for administration Lucenes Index say me.
Thanks for all, and excuse me for my silly questions.

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by David Spencer <da...@tropo.com>.
Daniel Cortes wrote:

> Hi, I want to know what library do you use for search in PPT files?

I use this ("native code"):

http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@hypermedia.com>.
This is a good place to start for extracting the content from power point
files:

http://www.mail-archive.com/poi-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04809.html

Luke

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu>.

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@hypermedia.com>.
I use "Luke". It is pretty good.

http://www.getopt.org/luke/

Luke

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Luke Francl <lu...@stellent.com>.
On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 10:07, Daniel Cortes wrote:
> I've the last version of LIMO.
> It is running in a Tomcat and I can't add any Index and don't load the
> index that I create the index before from console (java
> org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles ...)
> This is the reasson that I demand the structure of limo.properties
> because this file don't exist and this maner I can force to load the
> localitation of de Index File.
> Thanks for your time.

Ah, this probably means that LIMO cannot write to this location. If you
give the user you are running Tomcat as permission to write files to
your webapps/limo.war directory (or whatever it's called, I don't
actually use Tomcat), it should work.

If you don't want to do that for security reasons, simply create the
file and put it there yourself. It should be at the same level as the
index.jsp file.

Regards,
Luke Francl
LIMO developer

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Daniel Cortes <dc...@fib.upc.edu>.
I've the last version of LIMO.
It is running in a Tomcat and I can't add any Index and don't load the
index that I create the index before from console (java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles ...)
This is the reasson that I demand the structure of limo.properties
because this file don't exist and this maner I can force to load the
localitation of de Index File.
Thanks for your time.

Another question:
I think to do a multi search web of my personal site.
what do you think about I use PDFLibrary and textmining for search in
files not plain text.

PD: true  true, my english it's so bad

Re: LIMO problems

Posted by Luke Francl <lu...@stellent.com>.