Posted to user@pig.apache.org by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com> on 2011/09/09 09:39:39 UTC

should put pig*.jar into CLASSPATH during run pig command?

 Hello,
In pig script of pig-0.8.1, I did not find command line for adding pig*.jar into CLASSPATH environment variable. Just the following:
# during development pig jar might be in build
for f in $PIG_HOME/build/pig-*-SNAPSHOT.jar; do
    CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:$f;
done

Should I add some commands in pig script for adding pig*.jar into CLASSPATH? If no need, please tell your opinion. Thank you.

Re:Re: should put pig*.jar into CLASSPATH during run pig command?

Posted by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com>.
Daniel, thank you for your quick response.
I think pig-0.8.1-*.jar should always be added into classpath. Is this correct?

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.