Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/02/21 05:23:31 UTC

Changing Trunk to 1.2 in anticipation of 1.0.1 becoming 1.1

I was thinking that in order to expedite getting 1.1 our the door that it would
make sense to move trunk to 1.2.  Then we'll have to do the same in the 1.0
branch.  I'm going to start working on that this week.  Comments, suggestions, ?

I'll post before making the change.

Matt

Re: Changing Trunk to 1.2 in anticipation of 1.0.1 becoming 1.1

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
I have been wondering the exact questions Alan asked as well.  I have
some fixes that were supposed to be in 1.0.1, but then I heard 1.0.1 is
no more, and we have named HEAD the 1.1, so I never ported some of my
changes.  So now I am thoroughly confused.

An official stance on versioning and what is what, and where would
really be helpful ;-)

Jeff

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Trunk should now be completely changed to 1.2 in geronimo and 2.2 in
openejb.  The configid branch should be 1.1 for G and 2.1 for openejb.

I still haven't merged the missing changes from branch 1.0 onto
configid or renamed configid.

-dain

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I converted HEAD to 1.2 and updated the plugin version numbers.  I
also have completed merging the missing changes from the 1.0 branch
into the configid branch.  Finally, I renamed the configid branch to
1.1, and have updated the plugin versions in that branch also.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Dain,

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I agree.  Here is my plan

Change HEAD to 1.2-SNAPSHOT
Merge changes in branches/1.0 since configid was branched into configid
Move branches/configid to branches/1.1
Delete branches/1.0

Note before anyone gets excited.  All of the history will still be in
svn, so we will not "loose" any thing.

-dain

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I thought that:

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
John,

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> I was thinking that in order to expedite getting 1.1 our the door that
> it would make sense to move trunk to 1.2.  Then we'll have to do the
> same in the 1.0 branch.  I'm going to start working on that this
> week.  Comments, suggestions, ?
>
> I'll post before making the change.
>
> Matt

Also need to rename JIRA versions ASAP to minimize confusion.  For
example, currently people have been creating some JIRAs with the "Fix
For" field set to 1.1.  I am hoping when they have been doing that they
meant it won't be fixed in the upcoming release, but in 1.2.

John