Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2002/01/06 19:23:05 UTC

Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

perl-framework does not work with 5.6.1 due to Digest::MD5 requirement.

i don't see any reason why this:
 my $digest = Digest::MD5::md5_hex(join '', @$ra_tests);

cannot just be this:
 my $digest = join '', @$ra_tests;

??

Re: Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I understand. So is that +1 to add Digest::MD5 to the Apache::Test Bundle?
>>

> sure, you can add anything to Apache::Test bundle.  just need to keep
> use of everything in there optional for running t/TEST.

In fact it's already in the bundle :)

Re: Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Re: Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Sorry, can we put it into the Bundle?

that's fine, but we cannot 'use Digest::MD5' the way it was before.  else
'perl Makefile.PL' doesn't work without it.

> Because there can be hundreds of tests in @$ra_tests; Remember that the
> first run by default does 10 * #tests. In case of httpd-test it's 910
> strings, at the average of 10 char/string it's about 10K chars, now add
> many iterations and the memory demands are growing fast. Not talking
> about lookups of the 10k keys in the hash.

ok, that makes sense.

> Any alternatives under 5.6.1?

dunno.  if you want to require Digest::MD5 just for running t/SMOKE that's
ok, but not for t/TEST.

Re: Digest::MD5 in TestSmoke?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.