Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Randy Paries <rt...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/17 01:07:30 UTC

[users@httpd] trouble moving my SSL to a new machine

Hello,
i have just built a new linux box.

The original box was a rh9 and 2.0.49

i have build the new box with fedora 4 and Apache/2.0.54

the one difference is the rh9 build was a build from src apache and
the fedora i just took the installed one that came with fedora (rpm)

so my problem is probably simple, i must be missing just one thing.

I moved the crts over to the new machine (same domain name)

i added the line Include conf/ssl.conf

but when i add this it says there is already an _default_ 443 running

i looked throught httpd.conf and there is no mention  443 or ssl
anywhere in this file

but when i remove it somewhere it knows to create a localhost 443. I
can not for the life of me find how to turn this off , so it will use
my ssl.conf

Please help
Thanks
Randy

Re: [users@httpd] trouble moving my SSL to a new machine

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/17/06, Randy Paries <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> i have just built a new linux box.
>
> The original box was a rh9 and 2.0.49
>
> i have build the new box with fedora 4 and Apache/2.0.54
>
> the one difference is the rh9 build was a build from src apache and
> the fedora i just took the installed one that came with fedora (rpm)
>
> so my problem is probably simple, i must be missing just one thing.
>
> I moved the crts over to the new machine (same domain name)
>
> i added the line Include conf/ssl.conf
>
> but when i add this it says there is already an _default_ 443 running
>
> i looked throught httpd.conf and there is no mention  443 or ssl
> anywhere in this file

Dit you look for "Include" statements? It might be in another file.
Run "httpd -S" to find out which virtual hosts are configured, and
from which files.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com