Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/03 19:30:46 UTC

Re: how does SortRemoveRule work?

Jess> Is my test incorrect? This also fails:

The test looks like a correct one, however its correctness depends on
the implementation of runDuplicateSortCheck.
It turns out the implementation was wrong, so the top-level sort was
removed not by SortRemoveRule, but it was removed by a mere fact that
the test
dd ask Planner to produce a result with empty collation.

I've fixed that in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2768,
and I've added your test there, so top-level order by is not removed:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=calcite.git;a=commitdiff;h=b54f6de9d7f87e9853fc9ec01b586555a089b913

Vladimir