Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2015/03/24 16:44:08 UTC

Moving toward a new release

All,

Performing a release was a critical milestone for the project.  Now we
need to establish a habit of performing new releases regularly,
whenever significant new features have been completed.  I think that
is the case and would like to set the stage for our 0.2-incubating
release for streams-project and streams-examples.

To that end I've been resolving tickets over the past few days and
assigning fix versions. I ask that everyone take a look at tickets
they have created or have assigned to themselves in the past and
determine whether they are still relevant.

Also if you've got patches you'd like to see included in version 0.2,
please put them up as PRs this week.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Re: Moving toward a new release

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
I think performing a minor release roughly once a month is a good
goal.  We can push out maintenance releases as necessary in the
interim.

I will commit to performing a release on this cadence.  If anyone else
volunteers to perform a release, you will have my full support.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.