Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by st...@atomic9.net on 2006/03/25 05:44:46 UTC

Time Zones?

I didn't see this covered in any docs, if I missed something please point me
to the right location?

I have developers in England, East Coast US, and west coast US. SVN + Apache
installed in the East Coast location on Win32. Clients use Tortoise and the
PushOK SVN SCC provider. Will the differences in time zone and daylight
savings imapct revision numbers or concurrency issues?

Thanks.

  --
  http://www.atomic9.net/

Re: Time Zones?

Posted by "Richard P. Welty" <rw...@suespammers.org>.
On Mar 25, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> stevec@atomic9.net wrote:
>> I didn't see this covered in any docs, if I missed something please
>> point me to the right location?
>>
>> I have developers in England, East Coast US, and west coast US. SVN +
>> Apache installed in the East Coast location on Win32. Clients use
>> Tortoise and the PushOK SVN SCC provider. Will the differences in
>> time zone and daylight savings imapct revision numbers or concurrency
>> issues?

> Not in my recent experience. Timestamping across multiple locations
> is always fun, and your server and clients should be using NTP to
> set their clocks correctly.

and set all the system clocks to run on UTC, not local time.

richard
--
Richard P. Welty
rwelty@suespammers.org           518-269-8232