Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Кирилл Чесноков <ki...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/15 05:19:42 UTC

Row level security

Hello, is there a way to implement row level security (RLS) in Apache
Kylin? I know there is Apache Ranger to manage security and access in
Hadoop ecosystem, but cannot find RLS for Kylin like for Hive.

Or how to select current user login (whose queried cube) to try emulate RLS?
Select current_user always return sa

Re: Row level security

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Good question... there is enterprise version of apache kylin (try google)
with row-level-security implemented, that works with Hive / Ranger
out-of-box.

If want to work on your own implementation, I think the entry point must be
OLAPContext.IAccessController, where the check method is invoked before a
query execution plan begin to execute.

Cheers,
Yang